This dessert is ideal for chilly autumn or winter months but is sure to be as popular all year round because it contains two of the most desirable dessert components- ice cream and chocolate! It is also made from ground almonds and makes for an easy gluten free treat. I initially posted a recipe for warm chocolate tarts back in 2012. I retested this recipe following reader comment. The quantities are exact to achieve the desired texture of this tart which is to be served warm with ice cream. The tart recipe did not contain any baking powder because it is fairly flat
but has some depth to it as a result of the eggs. I omitted sugar from the recipe because it is sweet enough from the use of chocolate and it will be served with ice cream. I also adapted this recipe to add baking powder, which then results in a dense cake like texture.I dusted this version of the recipe with icing sugar and fresh raspberries.
Warm Chocolate Cake Recipe
To make this warm chocolate cake recipe, simply add a teaspoon of baking powder with the dry ingredients. The results are surprising, a little baking powder puffs up the tart into a dense cake. I dusted with icing sugar and topped with fresh raspberries. I added a Lindt chocolate ball in the middle for a surprise melted center.
How to Make a Warm Chocolate Tart with Ground Almonds and Chocolate
- dark chocolate
- icing sugar for dusting
- cocoa powder
- almond flour or ground almonds
- To make this tart, start by melting the butter and dark chocolate then add dry ingredients to form a thick batter.
- Pour into lined baking trays and bake.
- Allow to cool then serve with ice cream
Easy Warm Chocolate Tart Recipe
Warm Chocolate Tart with Almond Flour Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter (not heaped)
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar for dusting sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons almond flour or ground almonds
- optional, add a large pieces of chocolate for a molten chocolate centre.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius 10 minutes before you intend baking.
- Melt the chocolate and butter. Stir to combine. Leave aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy.
- Combine the chocolate and egg mixture.
- Add ground almonds. Add salt.
- Mix until a uniform batter is formed. Pour into greased mini tart pans.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until cooked. Insert a toothpick to test if cooked. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Sat. Fat (grams)