Baked Trout with Chilli Lime Marinade…
I have received several requests for Amma’s Fish Curry. I’m afraid those requested – will have to wait a little longer until I find the most appropriate fish. In the mean time …you may perhaps enjoy this Baked Trout Recipe…not as spicy as fish curry but tasty enough to share…
Baked Trout Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 medium sized trout
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of half lime
- half lime sliced
- a bunch of coriander
- 4 small dried chillies or 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- a teaspoon grated ginger
- lime zest (optional)
1. Wash and prepare the fish.I prefer keeping the tail and fins in tact when baking whole fish.
2. Prepare the dries chillies, ginger and lime zest. Combine. Add lime juice and olive oil. Mix then leave aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Pat the fish dry then apply the marinade on the external and internal surface of the fish. Place the lime slices inside the fish. Place each fish in an aluminum foil jacket. Leave aside for 2-3 hours prior to baking.
4. Bake for 15 minutes on 180 degrees Celsius. After 15 minutes remove the trout from the foil jacket. Place on baking paper. Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the excess moisture has dried out.
5.Serve with vegetables of your choice.