If you’ve read my recent Gestational Diabetes post, you will know that I have turned a new leaf on content to be featured on this blog. No pun intended. Give us this day our daily leafy greens – my new mantra for a healthier lifestyle. I have never been a great fan of salads, but they have grown on me. Featured here is the easiest salad recipe I know. You can add any combination of your favourite greens, herbs and even seeds to make this salad more delectable. I often have this green salad with a piece of chicken, smoked mackerel or eggs. My favorite accompaniments, hummus and or chilli.
Easy Green Salad Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: serves 2
- 3 cups green salad leaves
- half zuccini
- half red pepper
- quarter cucumber
- 4 tablespoon seeds / sunflower and pumkin
- half cup of chopped coriander
- half cup of chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
1. Add all ingredients in a large bowl (except olive oil and balsamic vinegar).
2. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss. Serve as desired.
3. You can add any number of ingredients egg, corn, onion, tomatoes, avocado…the combinations are endless.
More Inspired Recipes